Video courtesy of motormafia8mm [Link]
Workers Party veteran, Mr Lim Ee Peng's Hokkien speech [Link] may have upset PAP,
- "Thank you voters of Hougang and reporters for being present at this WP rally". Mr Trumpeter blows his horn. (Sounds like "The Last Post" for PAP? I only wish he'd blow something lively like "Reveille", the rising up of Workers' Party)
- "Last year, voters of Hougang and Aljunied GRC have endorsed and supported Workers Party's working "Towards First World Parliament" and voted WP into parliament
- "Because of Hougang constituency voting for WP for the past 20 years that the ruling party has started to pay attention to the problems faced by citizens
- "Everyone knows that Hougang constituency is just like my 'in-law'. Though Iam now Aljunied MP, while walking in Aljunied, I 'll drop by in Hougang" Laughter "Because of this, DPM Teo Chee Hian has asked Hougang residents to vote for Desmond Choo, saying that I will still serve Hougang residents even id PAP's Desond is voted in.
- "Do you mean buy one Desmond Choo and get one Low Thia Khiang free?
- "I want to tell DPM, if you want to sell your candidate, it is your own business. But it has got nothing to do with us."
- "Reporters have been asking why we nominate Png Eng Huat who is older than Desmond Choo as if age is a problem"
- "Though Png Eng Huat is older than Desmond Choo, he is still younger than I.
- "There is more. In Parliament today, there are quite a lot of old fogeys. (Laughter) The oldest, Lee Kuan Yew may be old but his brain is still very clear. He is also very clever in scolding people" (more laughter)
- "I want to tell PAP, don't look down on old people"
- "Because of this by election, television recently broadcasted a piece on the history of Hougang. There were pictures of me when I was voted in in 1991. Compared then to now, my hair has drop to almost bald now." Laughter.
- "Young people should know that problems affecting old people affects you. Whatever policies that negatively impact your parents will have a detrimental effect on you. If the government neglect to help the elders, your responsibility to take care of them will be heavier"
- "As Khaw Boon Wan has said that nursing homes in JB are cheaper than in Singapore, I asked him if it becomes unaffordable for Singaporeans to send their aged parents to homes in Singapore, do we send them to Johor Bahru?" Laughter.