Do We Have A Fair Weather Prime Minister?
I remember Goh Chok Tong making a hue and cry over "fair weather" Singaporeans who "quit" Singapore to set up homes elsewhere. Sadly, his own daughter turned out to be among the "quitters".
I read today the msm report of Singapore soccer team winning the Suzuki Cup after beating Thailand. The orgasmic reaction and congratulatory messages from the PM Lee and DPM Teo must be another NATCON not to be wasted by PAP and, of course, the mainstream media.
Has anyone wonder why the PAP establishment, especially the PM is so fast with the trigger, making apperances, when good things happen? When crap hits the ceiling, he's never around to make any statement. Why was/is he so slow to come out with a statement when:
- Mas Selamat jalan (walked) with his limp to JB?
- Orchard Road and elsewhere got flooded?
- SMRT train broke down?
- PRC bus drivers go on strike?
- Christopher Balding's claim that Singapore's finances are in deep shit? [Link]
- His PAP colleague MP Seah Kian Peng's intervention in the duty of traffic warden?
- His deafening silence on the company, Action Information Management (AIM) of Chandra Das and other ex-PAP MPs [Link] which may be more exciting than the cock-sucking 'corruption case' of Ng Boon Gay and/or the NUS Professor Tey Tsun Hang sex-for-grades case?
With the itchyprickitis of Michael Palmer, Singaporeans may have another chance to another by-election to show their regards to the arrogant, callous and contemptible performance of a power that has been in the ivory tower for far too long.